Saturday, May 31, 2008

On The Outside Looking In

Accomodation for uni doesn't open until June....yeaaa i am not late
and for the IELTS results, there is no need to rush coz they accept my 1119 results ...pheeww

Had a buffet lunch with parents at Istana Hotel. It will be even more fun if my sister were here. I can take food of her plate coz she always chooses the nicest food. I hate hate hate KL. The traffic congestion and the over-crowding of tall tall buildings is just unbearable.

The buffet was actually quite nice. They had the sushis, soups, italian food, chinese food, local dishes and desserts!!I made a dash to the chocolate fountain once we got there. You should actually eat your dessert last but I can't help it, they had marshmallows and fruits on sticks. I took a few marshmallows and just twirled it round and round at the falling chocolate. I ended up eating only 1 and a 1/2 sticks coz cepat muak. Then i started eating all the proper food at the buffet.

Something embarrassing happenned at the buffet. I was taking some fish and then my elbow brushed against a plate on the table.The plate had soup spoons on it( the white porcelain ones) and it twirled and the spoons just went out of the plate and one dropped on the floor. BANG.........and it shatterred into pieces! omg sooo embarrassing...thank god I was at the back part of the buffet and no one was there excpt for this one waiter who was standing there. He immediately scooped up the broken pieces. I was saying 'sorry...sorry' and he said 'its ok, not a problem'. haha. First time that ever happenned.

Awhile after that I took some mee and one of the waiters offerred to carry it for me and I said 'takyah, dekat je' and this other waiter asked where i was from...maybe coz they knew I broke the spoon. Maybe they were keeping an eye on 'the girl who broke the spoon' ........haih.. Nadia, such a klutz.

At the lobby, waiting for the elevator, I played punching with my dad. It was so fun. We air-punched each other, we moved our heads whenever a punch is heading our way. We stopped when mum gave me the look. Haha. She wasn't mad though, maybe because its in public. At home she never bothers, sometimes she laughs aswell.

woooaaaa exam starts on Tues. Going to drop by at facebook and friendster for a short while, then I am off.


Don't carry the world upon your shoulders,

For well you know that It's a fool,

Who plays it cool,

By making his world a little colder.

Hey Jude - The Beatles

2 comments:

Pui Jing said...

Nadz,u r like me(think too much)...the waiters keep looking at u coz u r hot not because of the spoon...they admire u!but mine is different coz white hair boy,pink shirt guy so called 'mat salleh' think tat my face is weird...sigh...i am so scared for econs...all the best,nadz!!!be confident!!!like wat ms chian said:)

Sara said...

lol klutz. don worry. everyone has embarrassing moments. at least yours was good bcz u gain male attention who want to help u carry plates. u know wat to do now in front of deer. have funnnnn......