Friday, June 6, 2008

Starry Starry Night

Omg I am so hungry but I don't dare go downtairs because everyone is asleep. Should have eaten more for dinner, didn't eat much because I just did not feel like eating ...and now my stomach is rumbling....I checked the cabinet and there is only raisins(huh????) the chocolates and biscuits are all downstairs..macam mana ni lapar siot...

I feel like a fool right now. Its not like there is no food in my house, Its just this fear of darkness I guess...i can switch on the lights but the switch is downstairs so I must walk through an amount of darkness first before I reach the switch.

I also sleep with lights on, no surprise there. I think that its normal to be afraid of darkness for the very reason that you are unknown to your surroundings, someone or something might be there without you realising it and all of a sudden it will jump out and attack you.

Talking about this fear of darkness, I remembered a school trip that I went for. Three friends and I shared a room. I had this friend who was quite wacky. One of those nights, she made her hair into one big mess and just jumped on top of me when I was asleep. I thought it was a huge bat. That was the shock of my life! and I ended up crying....that was so embarrassing.

Darkness can be beautiful as well. Just look up at the sky at night and you can see all the stars shimmering among the darkness. During the day, the stars are still there but you can't see it because the sky's colour is milky white. I remember asking my parents why the stars only come out at night, and I thought that they were shy or something....Stupid...

But now you can't see the stars anymore, maybe because of the haze and the dirty air blocking the view!! Later my uni will be at the countryside. During nighttime I would like to just lie down on the field and stare at the stars, my sister said that lots of stars are in view over there.

Speaking of uni, I must study for next week's papers. Time to stop with all the stars and lying down on the field and all....

No comments: