Sunday, October 26, 2008

Protective Atmosphere

Thanks to Laulennn....honestly, I forgot for awhile that I had a blog!

I just dont know where to start...hmmm...well, I had a muscle tear at my back, the second week I was here. The pain was excrutiating, I even considered skipping class the next day (which I didnt). To get out of bed was such a struggle, because when I put my body in an upright position, that was when the pain hit home. Just had to roll around on the bed before getting up (its quite funny when you think about it). To make it much worse, I have a double bed, so you have to do double of the rolling part. I hate huge beds! So I put the extra pillow against the wall, so that the matress space becomes smaller.

After Accounts on Friday, around 1o.am ,I went to Baillrigg Health Centre, free clinic- and the ONLY clinic, which is on campus. During accounts, Soraya asked Syakir to accompany me to the clinic because she had classes. He made a face!!! but he still went anyways. The receptionist asked if I had an appointment, and I said no. And then she said 'you have to come back at 3pm'. I dont mean to sound bratty, but I felt so pissed and because I was treated this way. I went back and forced myself to sleep.

At 3pm I went back to the clinic with Soraya!! and, you know what, it was Raining!! Anyway, I finally got to see the doctor, a very very happy one. I was nodding listening to everything he said until he told me that I have to buy my own medicine outside!! I was like ' What? you dont have any meds here?" Thank god I only had to buy ibuprofen & paracetamol, those painkillers which are available at Spar. Did I mention that I had to walk in the rain to get my medicine? Having an extremely sore back slows down the journey.

That night, my left eye turned huge. I was allergic to the medicine.
That same week, my microwave broke down 3 times, which blew a fuse in my room. My fridge and stove was affected 3 times and I had to call the porter's lodge 3 times and then they called an electrician so its now fixed!

Studies have been going ok so far. I have a strong dislike for the Management Science lecturer because he is very moody and explains statistics like its brain surgery. Its only the stem & leaf diagram!
Econs lecturer is sort of cute but he is old.
Accounts lecturer is fab at teaching!! However, he gives the lamest jokes. One of it goes like this ' Debit is on the left hand side of accounts. People in general dont know what debit is. So, if u are on a bus and says to the bus driver "debit" he wont know that he has to go left and he will crash'. No one laughed, kesian gile.

I have some pictures to post.

Haagen Dazs ice cream...yummy its only $3.39. (sorry for the dollar sign, its suppossed to be pounds)My very empty timetable, I have stuff, I just dont pin it up on the board.


2 Radiohead Cds..I wanted the new one, but it is charged at full price, so I bought the older albums instead which were on discount!

These two edible babies are the ones contributing to my increase in weight. Yea people! muh jeans are getting tight

A part of my mini fridge. Notice the pepsis(another contributing factor to my increasing weight)

I bought 3 second handbooks at the market. Angelas Ashes (read a copy of this from Taylors library-AWESOME book) was 75p, Memory Keepers Daughter was $2, My Best Friend's Girl was $1. Dirt cheap for awesome book titles. There were more but I have to read these first. I was so so excited when I was rummaging through the books, my friends were abit weirded out.

This Indonesian dude in my Economics class looks abit like deer, similar facial features. He is so enthusiastic about his studies. I asked my guy friends 'handsome tak that dude?' They were like 'no comment'. What the hell...
My girl friends say that he is cute though.
Anyways, I have already lost interest.

No comments: